Tuesday 6 November 2007

Some artwork I have exhibited recently

An assortment of 20 x 26 cm 'box' pictures exhibited as part of a student exhibition at The Latrobe Street Gallery last year, a group exhibition at The Town Hall Gallery in Hawthorn in January and my first solo exhibition at Bus in Little Lonsdale Street, September 2007.

Above: I Missed His Dog, 2006. Main text reads: "When we broke up, I missed his dog terribly." (SOLD)


Above: Prototype I: University. Main text reads: "BLACK JUMPER WITH LARGE HOLE/ LEFT LEANING/ SUEDE JACKET/ CIGARETTE/ COWBOY BOOTS (OR BROGUES ON ALTERNATE DAYS)/ OLD MONEY/ TORN & UNWASHED JEANS/ LEGAL TEXT e.g. 'TORTS' OR NOVEL BY PATRICK WHITE/ CHECKED SHIRT FROM COLES" (SOLD)

Above: Professional Flirt's Uniform, 2006. (SOLD)



Above: 80's Self Portrait with Appendage, 2006. (SOLD)



Above: Workplace Seduction Contest, 2006. Main text reads: "Advantages began with the seating arrangements."




Above: Darling Street, 2006. Main text reads: "I sat at my desk watching him. In my head we were on a Greek Island. He seduced me, even though he spoke no English. In reality he was an accountant who grew up in Mooroolbark." (SOLD)




Above: Country Boy, 2006. The top picture shows the drinking game of filling a Blundstone boot with beer and skulling it. The ute below has a couple of 'No Fat Chicks' stickers on it. Main text reads: "He was a handsome country boy. I was seduced by him as an idea but in reality we had little in common."



Above: Drawing Class, 2006. Main text reads: "The first day of class he sat opposite me. We were supposed to draw one another. Every time our eyes met, he would turn red and look away. That made him a very different subject to draw."




Above: Love Conquers Fuck All, 2007. Title piece to the Bus exhibition.


No comments: