Monday 30 January 2012

In progress: Self Portrait with Greg

In progress: Self Portrait with Greg, sitting on a lovely batik tablecloth (just in case you were thinking that the pattern on the right was a really nice part of my painting).  The details need to be fixed up and then it will be cut out.  I am a bit disappointed with it but I am going to put it away for today and go onto something else.
The pencil drawing, before I started painting over it, above.  The painting is based on a photo of me which was taken by Alice, aged 10.  Thank you very much for your help, Alice!

8 comments:

sister outlaws said...

You're always so hard on yourself Sandra! When you take this out after resting your eyes from it, I'm sure you'll see how lovely it is!!!

Evie said...

i really love this - it drew me in, there is such a gentleness to you. i hope fresh eyes give you a new view x

swinkie said...

I love it. Is this going into your next show?

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thanks so much Julianne, Evie and Sandra -- you are all so lovely. I do like her (me) a bit more this morning, maybe by the time I finish I will be OK with it. I still like the idea and I guess that's more important.

Sandra W: next show?! What show?! I apply for one thing each year, get rejected and then feel like I shouldn't apply for anything else. I need a thicker skin! I need to learn from the professionals. e.g. YOU!
x

jen storer said...

It's beautiful. It's so peaceful, sort of meditative. I hope you were just tired when you said you were disappointed sandra! jx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thanks Jen!!! My heart is glowing.

Jenni said...

I think it's lovely Sandra & I also reckon it must be pretty damn hard to do a self portrait! I am sure it will evolve to something you will be happy with.
Just do what you do so well & all will be well! :)
x

Sandra Eterovic said...

Jenni you are GOLDEN! Thank you so, so much. :)