Friday 28 December 2012

Wooden figures made by others

I make things using a number of materials, but my painted and cut out wooden beings are what I define myself through most.  (Examples here.)  I always get excited when I come across other artists who use the medium in a similar way.  Here are some of my current favourites.  Above: Max Estes.
 Above: Jeremy Tinder.
 Above: Merijn Hos.

 Above: Alexandra Lakin.
Above: Kim Laurenti (Hi Kim!).

It's really great too to look at these pieces in the context of the artists' other work and interests.  An immensely talented bunch.
Happy Holidays.

6 comments:

Jeremy Tinder said...

Are you familiar with Karl Wirsum's work? You'll like it...
http://www.mmoca.org/sites/default/files/images-exhibits/wirsum_karl-batters_up.jpg

Sandra Eterovic said...

GREAT to hear from you Jeremy. Thanks so much for the link -- you're right, it's great work. Hooray for the internet and miles of inspiration...!!!

Saskia said...

Wow, lovely finds Sandra. I love Merijn Hos and Jeremy Tinder's work. Hadn't heard of Max Estes – off to have a look. Gorgeous. You are in illustrious company!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks Saskia -- you are a sweetie!

when skies are grey said...

Hi Sandra!! Sorry a bit late on this, my computer was broken at the time. But a big Thank You for the mention! You know I adore your art as well, makes a compliment form you that much more special :)

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks so much Kim. Compliment received likewise from a woman whose work I greatly admire and heart glowing!!!