Friday 18 July 2014

Around the place this week (and some rewind)

A little textile-y section of my hallway, photographed during its five daily minutes of brightness.  (Actually the quilt on the left was only there as it was drying over the heater.)

I wish I owned this outfit.  I wish it was warm enough in Melbourne to wear it.  (I am actually wearing mittens while I write.)  Carina magazine, 1981.

My ceramic would-be Apple Man lost an arm this week.  I wish I cared.  Why do I keep breaking things and not caring?  I never used to be like this!

More loveliness from an early 80s Burda magazine.

 I made a giant Lady Village Head for my Craft Victoria window!!  (Almost a metre wide.) I think she's pretty funny.  Tick!  I love making lists, and I love crossing things off them even more....
Another item for the Craft window....Mikey Relaxing.  I am embroidering Mikey in a relaxed fashion, on account of still having a somewhat dodgy back.  Lots of hairs on his legs to go, though.  And the all important hand down his pants.  Dying to embroider that!!

Rewind.........to May 2013.  Props for the television 'drama' Winners and Losers: somewhat kitsch lampshades painted with Hawaiian motifs.  I really enjoyed doing these, channelling my days in the early 2000s when I designed a LOT of surf wear for Target and Myer.  I was lucky enough to be able to choose a lampshade to keep when I was visiting my friends at the set today.  Thanks so much Ineke, you made my day.  So thoughtful!

2 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I have had fun catching up on what you have been up to .....I am so amazed by you clever creative mind & your ability to follow through....always wonderful happy funny surprises to be found here! I wish you a delightful summer....hope you will find it warmer soon! So that you can take off the mittens....

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you so much Sally! Lovely to hear from you. Happy Summer -- lucky thing!