Monday 5 January 2015

My studio in Beci Orpin's new book




Happy New Year!
It was a lovely (and slightly surreal) experience to have Mrs Beci Orpin visit my studio last year and take some snaps for her latest book, which features ten creative studios in Melbourne alongside Beci's craft projects.  I have been a fan of Beci Orpin's work FOREVER.  Yes, FOREVER.  I am happy to gloat that I spotted her work in her RMIT Textile Design graduate show sometime in the mid to late 90s, and wanted to buy some of her printed silk fabric but was too poor -- or too shy -- to go through with it.  Since then I have admired from afar the various guises of her happy, clever and beautiful work, from the Princess Tina fashion label to graphics for Beatbox Kitchen.  Photos of my studio above by Beci Orpin, taken mid 2014.  Below: signature Beci Orpin goodness: just some of the beautiful craft projects in the book.  (I really want to find the time to make a mask or three!!!)




Make and Do by Beci Orpin, published by Hardie Grant, Melbourne, 2014.

3 comments:

Ayala Art said...

What a cool blog! I enjoyed the pictures! happy 2015

Jo Grant said...

Congratulations Sandra! Fantastic news, you so fit in to this book. I'm going to get me a copy.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you Ayala!

Hello Jo -- thank you too -- I highly recommend Beci's book. Lots of great projects to play with. I really want to make time to get stuck into a few!!

Hope you're well. We are due for a catch up!

x