Wednesday 22 June 2016

New in the shop


New things in my Etsy shop this week.

Above: the first of my new series of burning houses, all based on dwellings found around Melbourne.  This one is in Princes Hill, and is actually a group of flats.  (I have been criticised for depicting houses on fire.  Fear not: the flame is metaphoric.)
Above: I am in a wintry mood at the moment.  A slightly glum librarian, wearing a fair isle jumper seemed the right subject for this particular vintage bat.  (Thanks again The Earwig!!)
 Above: in the meantime, this stripey number seemed to call out for a handsome African Pitta.  I am continuing my fascination with metallic paint in the hope that its glow will keep me warm in my cold studio, and make my humble bats seem a little glamorous. SOLD.
Above: a wooden Mortadella Man.  I always enjoy working with food.  He may be the first in a series.
Above and below: wooden books, somewhat larger than actual size.  A 1970s hardback edition of Thomas Hardy's Far From the Madding Crowd, and a vintage paperback edition of Carson McCullers' The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
They can all be found here.

2 comments:

Mad Cat Lady said...

I adore the books. I always have to stop myself from rebuying my favourite books just beacause they issue a new cover. One day I fantisize about buy the original painting of one of them.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Lovely to hear from you, Mad Cat Lady. I love books and great book covers too, so I can absolutely understand why you would want to buy them again! And it would be wonderful to own an original illustration. :-)