Monday 15 March 2010

Knitting Frenzy Part III: the yogurt landscape

I am completely enamoured with the various idealised landscapes that one might come across as tiny logos on food products usually manufactured in monolithic industrialised conditions. I'm not actually sure whether my interest in them has any political undertones. They're certainly cute, and I know that by looking at them I am reminded of food and art at the same time. I reckon that's reason enough.
Above: my Yogurt Landscape painting (previously discussed here) sits under this week's re-interpretation of a certain enormous European dairy company's logo as one side of a knitted cushion. (Don't tell anyone though.)

I have been a bit shy to admit that I was recently interviewed by Thea from Thea and Sami. Thanks Thea for taking an interest in my work, and for a lovely bunch of questions that were a pleasure to answer!

2 comments:

Elaine Prunty said...

sandra, your putting me to shame with your productivity, i can't even get a simple/not so simple post on aesthetic themes ready for my blog ( need to connect scanner ....afraid of computer cables)

This is yet AGAIN another fantastic idea of yours. idealised landscapes rock , and you've executed it brillantly . it would be a shame to use it as a cushion unless you placed it ladylike on your lap .

Your interview is very interesting and despite what you say in the comments you look very fetching smoking a pipe .

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Elaine!

Despite sitting in front of them all day, I am afraid of computers too: my familiarity just breeds contempt. I am still looking forward to your post, and I don't mind whether it's today or next year-- as long as you get some enjoyment out of it.
I am so pleased that you like idealised landscapes too! I find them rather funny and ironic. And it's lucky that the cushion is photogenic because up close it's far from perfect.

As always, so lovely to hear from you! Thank you and Happy St Patrick's Day!!!