Saturday 21 August 2010

Scarf madness!!!




I made another scarf. Unlike the last one, which was very subtly coloured (for me) I have gone all out with this one. The inspiration began with this photo above from Inside Out -- I love the pale lilac flowers against the kitsch bright yellow, green, purple and red. So while the scarf started with those colours, they soon multiplied as I have alot of wool and not much discipline.

Photo from the Manhattan home of Australian stylist Marcus Hay. (I don't know the date of the magazine as the page has been torn out and the rest of the issue thrown away. I do that occasionally, otherwise I would have been buried under an avalanche of magazines long ago.)

7 comments:

Thea said...

I LOVE this scarf! I'm not afraid of colour so happy to see that you didn't hold back. x

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Thea! Thank you, good to hear from you. Yes, I strongly believe that in winter you NEED a bit of colour, contrary to what most people walking around me in Melbourne seem to believe!

rigel said...

I love these colours together! And so much detail. You can see a lotta love went into this one. What a treat this would be to wear on those less than cheerful winter days.

A latte beckons said...

Hear hear!

Sandra Eterovic said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

asha said...

Gorgeous scarf! Would you do a special order for one?

Sandra Eterovic said...

Yes I would Asha! Though I must say that I would charge about US$250 as they take a LONG time to make. I am very glad that you like them.