Thursday, 18 August 2011

Fashion pretend

This piece is for my illustration portfolio.  A pretend fashion editorial of sorts, with a couple of odd things thrown in just because I can.  Other than the pipe, African mask and knitted scarf, most of the items were nabbed from Net-a-Porter.  As a former fashion industry employee I can tell you that Net-a-Porter can be useful in all sorts of ways... but I might leave that there.  What I can say is that its incredibly detailed photographs can also be great for the budding illustrator.

The underwear, below, is the part I am happiest with:


T-shirt by A.P.C.  Even though I am admittedly a fan of A.P.C, I'm not sure that this sort of irony works when it comes from a big and relatively expensive clothing label.  What do you think?  Or maybe it works better if your first (or sole) language is French?! 

8 comments:

when skies are grey said...

Great work, love the detail on the bra and panty set :)

Julianne said...

My teenage daughter needs that t-shirt. All she talks about is fashion. If I hear one more thing about coloured brogues and peterpan collars, floral pedal pushers and denim jackets I think I will have to beat my head repeatedly agains the wall. Funny thing is - the t-shirt could really take off!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Kim -- lovely to hear from you, it makes me happy to know that you like it. :) Thank you.

Julianne -- great to hear from you too! I think your daughter sounds very stylish, I love the sound of all of those things. I love how the teens are dressing right now, so much better than the full-on 80s stuff! Bleh.

The t-shirt actually works out to be about $60 I think, which is not cheap for a t-shirt, but pretty cheap for APC.....

Malenadu said...

You have designed a very good blog. Makes me stick around it. Your idea and content is good. The collection, arrangement and font everything is fine. The site is lively and also lovely. Good work keep posting. May god bless you in all your future projects.

http://malenadugroup.blogspot.com/

and you are invited to my blog.

Mad Cat Lady said...

I am loving all the things you have classified as fashion. And I particularly LOVE your bird (and burger) chicks. I have to save up so I can buy some :)

You are a bright spark to my day.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Lovely to hear from you Mad Cat Lady, it's been AGES and it's so nice to see your sweet smiling face!!!
:)

Alice said...

Adoro tu mezcla de gran arte, increíble sentido del humor, y pensamiento crítico... para mi ver tu blog es saludable e inspirador, gracias!!!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you Alice, you are so sweet, or dulce perhaps?! So lovely. :)