Friday 2 December 2011

Melbourne Famous

Fitzroy player in progress.  He is finished now and will be on display/ for sale shortly at my friend Peter's mini gallery in the window next to La Niche on Smith Street.  We thought it might be nice to have a Fitzroy player seeing as the gallery is in Fitzroy....

And, in a different part of the same suburb, The Design Files Open House is, well, open!  My work is in the children's room downstairs, alongside THE most incredibly beautiful wares.  (Spy my clock hands above.)  I had such a wonderful time at the opening night hanging around with Madeleine Stamer, Emily Green and Dawn Tan, and spying numerous other "Melbourne famous" faces around the house.  So much fun!  I also met the lovely Ellie Malin, whose beautiful parachute prints were such a vibrant anchor to the children's room.  Actually we were all so captivated by the warmth and colour of that space that we could barely leave.  Photo by John Deer pinched from The Design Files.  (Lucy likes people to email her when they post her photos but I reckon she already has too many emails to read without another from me.  And "Melbourne famous" is phrase I stole from her too.  I love it.)

Speaking of photos, Warren Kirk's beautiful work is finally accessible on Flickr (devotees of the inner west of Melbourne click here; while a more general photostream is here).  I'm willing to bet that everyone from Melbourne will find the photos captivating.  Those who are not from anywhere near here will really enjoy them too: their charm is universal.

10 comments:

helicopter6 said...

So great to hear you had a fabulous night, and that the room looks as gorgeous as you describe. Hooray!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks so much Helen -- I recommend that you have a look for yourself, although I hear reports of it being quite crowded yesterday!

swinkie said...

THe Design Files open house... looks fabulous and only made so with your glorious additions. Well done with the new appointments. I only wished we had some of this going on in Syds.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you sweet Sandra W! You know what, I reckon Lucy has already had enough people making similar comments on her blog to get her thinking....I would not in the least surprised if there was a Sydney Open House next year. That woman has the Midas touch!

sister outlaws said...

Love the fitzroy player! And thanks for the link to the flickr photostream!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you very much Julianne! :)

Unknown said...

I visited the Open House this morning and wanted to move into the kids' space! So amazing, congrats on being included in such an awesome bunch of talent xxx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thanks Emma -- my cheeks are aglow. I think anyone with a love of colour would find that room pretty close to paradise! :)

jenni said...

looks amazing Sandra, congratulations & your clocks look divine! Would've loved to have seen it in the real.
Have a lovely weekend!

flowerpress said...

Great pic, what a cute room :-) And i love that photographer, thanks for the link.