Friday 23 December 2011

Merry Merry

Presents mostly wrapped.  I have enjoyed using large envelopes turned inside out so that their tiny blue prints are visible, as well as last year's Indian calendar and a funny German calendar featuring scenes of toy tractors on carefully arranged plastic landscapes.

 I haven't really done much Christmas decoration, but I think that the plant growing on this red and white blind looks kind of festive.  That's my excuse anyway.
A clock in progress.  Nineteenth century French tattoos.  Finally, some tattoos that I would ponder getting for myself!  I used my arm as a model, I think I must have seen more sun yesterday than I realised.  (I have left the book at the studio and will credit it later.)

The studio seems far away now.  Today has been all about shopping for fruit, veg and a myriad other ingredients, some of which I have never bought before.  Pomegranate molasses.  Almost a litre of cream.  Lemon infused olive oil.  I also admit to never having used gelatine.  But I am looking forward to making enough food for twenty when there will only be five of us....

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you, wherever you are.  In the summer heat or in the winter cold, may you feel warm on the inside.

A great article that appeared in The Age yesterday, via Miss Pen Pen.  I am so glad that she exists!

9 comments:

oladios said...

Merry xmas to you too Sandra .
Loving your window thing - I can't get enough of white and red stripes:)

jen storer said...

What a lovely post, so much to look at and all of it gorgeous. YOur pressies look too exotic to open, I love them. Good luck with the gelatine, personally i wouldn't have a clue. Merry Christmas, Sandra. jxx

swinkie said...

Merry Christmas lovely lady!! xxx

sister outlaws said...

Yes - pondering 19th century tattoos too. Your place looks lovely! And my niece decorated their tree last year with paper cranes made from the inside of envelopes. It looked beautiful!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you thank you thank you Ola, Jen, Sandra and Julianne. Your comments mean a lot to me. I hope that you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas, and an excellent year in 2012.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Sorry i am late but I hope your day was perfect & that the happiness continues into the new year!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Don't be sorry at all Sally, it's really lovely of you to write! Thank you and I wish you and all of your loved ones the same. :)

Chris said...

I love those true folk art tattoos.

There's a timeless charm to them and they look so clear even after decades of aging.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hello Chris! Thank you, I am really glad you like them. :)