Friday 14 March 2014

An illustration for Gardening Australia magazine


I am an avid though average gardener, and find Gardening Australia a treat to watch.  So I was extremely chuffed to be asked to contribute an illustration to the "Big Picture" article which appears on the inside back page of its magazine each month.  This little man was painted using acrylic on wood, then scanned and cut out with the pen tool in Photoshop.  I like to make things hard for myself, as regular readers of this blog will know.  Wait until you see the illustration for next month's issue: I think that cutting it out in Photoshop took longer than the painting. Thankfully, the sketching part for the second month was not as fraught with nerves as it was for the above illustration, and went relatively quickly and smoothly.

Sketching is the hardest part, I reckon.

No comments: