Sunday 10 May 2015

Around the place in the last week or so

Hello.  The days are getting shorter in Melbourne.  Above: Last Thursday afternoon: a portrait in progress.  I finally remembered that I own a little easel (it had been pretending to be a bookstand for about two years).

Above: a little face in progress.  I like that she is somewhere between sullen or sad (what do YOU think?).

Above: a commission for two incredible artists, Lucy James and her husband Kent Wilson.  To have two people I admire give me a commission and THEN pay me double my asking price is a feeling beyond description.  If there were more people like those two, the world would be a marvellous  (and art-filled!) place.  'Champy' is one very lucky little boy....

Above: photo of me looking through my studio window by another lovely and talented woman, Tatanja Ross.  Do I look like I am talking to my mushroom?

2 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Yeah, admit it...you are talking to your mushroom. Loving the colour of those LIPS!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Ha ha !! You are very funny, Julianne..... and I think you might be the only person left reading this blog. I will keep posting, just for you.......
Thank you :-)