Sunday 1 December 2013

A big week, far and wide...

Many of the things that I have been working on will be making their public debut this week.  Above and below: two of my six cut-out acrylic on wood paintings which are very proud to be part of a group show at Boom Gallery in Newtown, Geelong which opens this Friday evening.

Above and below two of my five 'home' themed acrylic on wood works which will be part of my lovely friend Jo Grant's Home group exhibition at 1 Avery Street Port Fairy next weekend.  This promises to be very special, with artists such as Sandra Winkworth, Eleanor Voterakis, Catherine Bailey, Fiona Kurnadi, Phil Ward, Trevor Smith, Megan Nicholson, and of course Jo Grant herself.  If you happen to be in that beautiful part of Victoria next weekend, make sure you go and see it.

Then of course there's The Big Design Market in Melbourne this weekend, for which I have made a mountain of cushions and dolls, an assortment of embroidered linen scarves and a great deal of A4 and A3 prints, ALL of which will be part of Craft Victoria's stand.
And last but not least, The Design Files Open House in Surry Hills, Sydney, at which my dear lilac lady above and her four friends (see them all here) will be making their decorative debut.

I am very, very proud to be involved in all of these events.  Now it's time to work on retail orders and plump up the Etsy shop with some new things!  Phew...

8 comments:

swinkie said...

You are amazing!!! I can't believe I will be able to get to 2 out 3... actually I am going to push to see all 3 shows - Congratulations SE, xx

Jo said...

Hi! Loving all of this work and colour. Thanks for the mention, we will miss you! Good luck at Boom, hope to drop in on that exhibition. Your work looks great here, so nice to have it as a part of the project. See you soon! xx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Go Sandra!! Your dedication to art (and willingness to travel) is amazing.

Thank you so much, Jo. I am looking forward to seeing LOTS of photos of the exhibition -- I hope it goes really well.

Looking forward to seeing you both!! xx

Evie said...

So many things! You really are amazing. I love the home pieces. So so happy to see you doing so much work that so many more people are getting opportunities to see. what a wonderful and full end of year xx

Saskia (1=2) said...

WOW, you've been a creative dynamo Sandra. That first piece is one gorgeous selfie! Port Fairy – what a lovely place for a group exhibition. Love that part of Victoria.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Evie -- yes I guess it is a 'wonderful and full end of year' -- although until the end of last week it just felt FULL!

Hello Sass -- 'selfie' -- ha! There are three; that one is my favourite.


Thank you both very much indeed, dear ladies. :-)

Diana said...

Love your art! I think you'd like this local (to me) artist.

http://www.themorningnews.org/gallery/the-artist-is-mother-of-the-woman

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hello Diana! Thank you very much for your message and your link to the artist -- she's great -- crazy in the best possible way! All the best.