Thursday 19 December 2013

A few things around the house

An inadvertently Christmas-y arrangement by the computer, above.  Below, my 1946 Italian Carta Gastronomica being fondled by my newest clock.

And above: the last portrait standing!  When I submitted my ten portraits to The Design Files Open House over a month ago, I wondered of course how many would get to go to good homes, and which.  For some reason I never considered that the lady above would be the  one left.  Acrylic on wood, just over 30 x 40 cm, beautifully framed.  $750.  If you like her, please contact me.  I am offering free shipping anywhere in Australia until December 31.

4 comments:

Saskia (1=2) said...

Lovely! These 3 pics go together beautifully Sandra. Hope your lady finds a home – she's so lovely and quite Christmassy (love the olive green next to her hair colour). Congrats on all your other portraits selling, not that I'm surprised! OMG, that Carta Gastronomica, in its lovely timber frame. What a find! Wishing you a very merry Chrissie. x

Sandra Eterovic said...

Dear Sass,
Thank you thank you! The Carta Gastronomica was a find from The Chapel St Bazaar many, many moons ago.
I hope that you and your three lads are having a wonderful Christmas as I write....
xxx

Anonymous said...

Your other 'red head' (woman wearing fair isle vest) found a home with me! I love her so much...and I still can't believe I was actually quick enough to be the lucky buyer.
C xx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Dear C,
I am so glad that you love her! Being my first portrait of the series, she will always be special to me, too. Thank you for writing and feel free to send me a photo of her in situ one day. Happy New Year to you. :-)
xx