Saturday 22 February 2014

Around the place this week....

 Above: a woozy pile of sailors and their friend the salami lady waiting in a corner of the kitchen.
Above: in another room: a wall of posters, magazine tears, internet print outs, postcards, mask, a painting, tiny doll and stickers over the (now forlorn) computer desk.
Above: knitting in progress.  Almost finished!
 Above: contemplating important matters in the studio yesterday, while waiting for paint to dry.
(Image from More Things to Make, Ladybird Books, London, 1973.)
Above: more work in progress.  I like making things hard for myself.  Oh why buy striped or checked fabric when you can make tiny tiny checks and stripes yourself using embroidery thread?
 -- AAAAAGGGHHHHH is the answer to that question.
Above: an oldie but a goodie (if I may be so immodest).  Proudly moving south to the home of a rather talented lady and her little family soon.  Hooray!!!

Happy Weekend to you.

6 comments:

sister outlaws said...

I know all about making life harder than necessary for myself...have I mentioned the five kids? And that I recycle jumpers into felt when there is already felt out there to buy????And that I'm crocheting with a tiny hook around a plastic camel (don't ask!)? And on two stalls for the school fete??? But the answer to your question is that the hand stitched checks and stripes are far more charming than any print could ever be! What a house full of strange and wonderful characters you have....and please tell me you will be making that bunny!

Sandra Eterovic said...

I reckon we're definitely on the same page, Mrs Slocombe! I am going to head over to your blog now to see if I can find that plastic camel.....I guess in the backs of our little minds we know that felted jumpers and embroidered stripes are a lot more charming and satisfying than Made in China $2 "craft" purchases from Spotlight.
Hmm.... I was going to say that unfortunately I shan't be making the bunny.....but maybe he would look good with a felted jumper around that toilet roll.....

sister outlaws said...

Could we run a CAE course in "how to make your life harder with crafting?" We could start with pom pom head bunnies that have no purpose!

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a fancy and creative craft....

Jo Grant said...

Unbelievably gorgeous hand-embroidered material! you are so fab. this is what makes your stuff great! keep doing it. x

Sandra Eterovic said...

Ha ha!!! I love that idea, Julianne.....we could certainly start with those pompom head bunnies.....and god knows WHERE it could lead!!!!!!!
We could all sit in a circle and talk while we work. Group therapy. For sure.

Thank you also Dentist vs Chef -- good to hear from you!