Monday 27 May 2013

New old favourites on lilac








I have made new versions of some old favourites for my Etsy shop.  Lately I am quite fond of lilac, so I decided to photograph the figures against a sheet of paper in that colour.  I find styling photos surprisingly tricky, but I'm content with the relatively minimalist addition of a pile of Ladybird books and my grandmother's handwoven seat cover (pinned onto the wall).  The light at the studio is certainly better for photography than it is in my dark old house.  The variation in the lilac paper's colour between photos is another matter.  As bored as I am with it as a backdrop, I think I'd better stick to white.

5 comments:

Meg Mitchell said...

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!
Meg

Saskia said...

Loving the lilac! The lady with the village on her head looks particularly fetching. Your grandma's hand-woven cushion cover?? Tell me more! Is there another artisan in your talented family?

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks so much Meg and Sass!

Sass -- I actually don't know much about this piece other than remembering it, and others like it, adorning the chairs in my grandmother's kitchen. It is pretty obviously hand made, though I don't know whose hands it came from. My dad had four sisters and a crafty mum too.

sister outlaws said...

Loving lilac myself - in fat I have dyed my hair lilac!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Julianne you would look so pretty with lilac hair! I think it's a very flattering colour. :-)