Saturday 24 July 2010

A scarf, stuck

Inspired by the colours of this beautiful Sandra Juto scarf on flickr, I decided to knit something a little more subdued than the usual, e.g. below. However as I had already made a pact with myself to use only yarn that I have in the house, my palette has ended up nothing like Juto's at all. Funny that. I have also decided that I want to knit a word into this scarf next, but I'm not sure what that might be.
Time to get some expert advice:
Praise the LORD and pass the Ammunition, graph by artist Lisa Anne Auerbach from her Charted Patterns for Sweaters That Talk Back, New York 2008. She advises: "knit your twisted perspective into a sweater. Parade your patent disregard for humanity everywhere you go. Don't be a coward." My lovely sister-in-law discovered this great artist/book a few months after I knitted my First Date Vest. I haven't expressed my twisted perspective much lately, but I am thinking about doing it in the next few rows of the scarf above. I can see the word "bacon" in front of me on a postcard. I like that word. Alot. Given that I have knitted most of this scarf while watching Masterchef, it seems appropriate. And given the theme of the post below, there might be a pattern emerging. A scary one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome so far :) i can't wait to see how it turns out.

Christina said...

Love your knitting, its brilliant!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thanks to both of you! It's getting there, slowly, slowly. I'm enjoying it but I want it done so that I can start another one in BRIGHT colours again....