Monday 25 July 2011

Your computer contains love.

Hello! Here is the finished knitting project which I showed when it was in progress here. (What do you think, Elaine?)
It has already been sold it to the delightful and VERY talented Lambert but I thought that I might document it here anyway.

Here's the story:

Recently I realised why I am spending too much time at my computer: I'm looking for love. I'm not necessarily talking match.com, but the sort of love you get when someone answers your e-mail, comments on your facebook photos, watches your eBay listing, follows your blog, or even clicks your handmade item into their etsy favourites. I think we are all looking for love, or at least affirmation, from our computers. What do you think?
Above: the back; below, detail of hand knitting. I used lots of different sorts of beautiful yarns for this one, and now I have run out of many of my stashed favourites .... damn!

Time to turn off the computer and go outside to get some fresh -- possibly too fresh -- Melbourne air.

12 comments:

sister outlaws said...

I'm off to etsy to buy some of your cards. Hope you feel the love!

Emily M Hughes said...

Aw I love this, Sandra! Your knitting is so sweet. And I think your term 'searching for love' is adorable- I know exactly what you mean! Please keep up your work, I always love seeing your random, creative and lovely pieces :) xxx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Julianne and Emily -- thank you both so much, you are both very sweet, I do feel the love -- in fact you've both made my day!!!
:)

Lambert said...

I am so glad that this laptop sleeve is coming to Brooklyn to live with me. I really like the concept behind it, the execution, the color palette ... It will be loved and used. Thanks for creating it!

Elaine Prunty said...

and this comment contains love .....and its' not bargains love either....its abundant ...i've said it before and i'll say it again your a genius ms eterovic , a proper genius.

mimi k said...

wow- fantastic. As always!

Lola Nova said...

Excellent, I love it!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Lambert, I can't think of anyone nicer to appreciate my hand stitches! Or more talented, cast your eyes on this stunning textile design:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/73071036/folk-pillow-no2
I love it.

And Elaine -- you are SO lovely -- one day we will have a delightful and possibly rather boozy meal together and I will thank you profusely in person for all of your support!

Mimi -- so lovely to hear from you and my heart is aglow that you look at my blog and that you like my work!

:)

Evie said...

haha great post. LOVE this colourful knitted piece and your thoughts behind it. beautiful work.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thanks Evie!! I am really happy that you like it. Lovely to hear from you as always. :)

Craft Victoria said...

Oh wow!! This is so amazing Sandra, so much love and effort!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you very much Kim, Lucy, Anita or perhaps Milly!!!!