Friday 29 July 2011

Two new greeting cards

The greeting card above is based on my hand painted found-wood figure, which was shown on my blog here. (The original is now in the The Tarrawarra Museum of Art shop.) When I decided that it might make a good card, I removed the 'woody' background from my scan in Photoshop, as it was too uneven. It took a couple of hours -- look at all those ladder rungs that had to be cut around! But I didn't think it was worth repainting -- sometimes when I paint something the second time around it loses its liveliness.
A greeting card of the tartan hunter is now in the shop too. This one had a much nicer woodgrain, so I left it as it was.

The original artwork, also a hand painted standing plywood figure, is at Hut 13 in Armadale, Melbourne. You can see him here as well.

5 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Well the woman and ship certainly haven't lost their loveliness! What a dreamy image...it's made me feel all wistful..think I can feel the wind in my sails!

A latte beckons said...

Lovely photo of you (and your beautiful workplace) in the (melb) magazine this morning!

I knew 4 people in this issue, I think it's a record. ;-)

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hello Julianne! Thank you thank you -- I am so pleased that you like her, and thanks again for your lovely etsy comment. :)

Ha ha! Thanks Kate -- I want to know who the others are, besides me and record record collector Dean!!! :)

swinkie said...

Hey SE
So many good postings!! I will have to come back when a little calmer... here hectic days... but I haven't forgotten about your birdie that's somewhere here! please forgive... and you know I am in Melb early Sept! Got to go and do the work!
xSW

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hey SW,
Great to hear from you! I appreciate you having a look when you are in such a rush....I look forward to seeing what you come up with and to catching up in just over a month....!