Wednesday 16 December 2009

Home: Two Relaxation Spots

Those who know me well say that I am actually not very good at relaxing at all. However, when the TV is on and the phone rings, I take it to the quiet of my bedroom, above. (Note for patchwork freaks: the above quilt is made up of ready-cut squares of leftover Hawaiian shirt fabric that my mother bought at a market in Honolulu some years ago. They speedily became a very happy summery quilt!) Below is where I might otherwise lie and read a book (with my head resting between the four red roses on the lovely aqua pillow) or sit up knitting and listening to the TV. Please note reflection of photographer with bed hair in the small round painted mirror.
This post is part of a game started over at Meet Me at Mike's by Pip Lincolne. This week players were asked to show a place of sanctuary within their home. A lovely theme dreamt up by Pilgrim.
I am going to be Theme Queen next week. I hope that even in the midst of pre-holiday madness people find time to play! I might take the theme a little bit sideways...I hope that nobody minds.

6 comments:

spectacularfairywren said...

Thanks that was a lovely view of your quiet escape.

I am already excited about the sideways! I will make time to play inside the paper and pudding pandemonium

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks Spectacular! I can't wait to see your post next week -- if it's half as cool as the trampoline it'll be super! ;)

Jackie said...

What pretty places you have to rest your head. Love the hawaiian quilt.

Pilgrim said...

LOVE that patchwork! love the rose pillow. love the bed head ;)

thanks for playing along with my theme this week! can't wait to see what you choose next, oh noble theme queen

quilary said...

I love your quiet space - books, fabric and a babushka - my idea of a trifecta of lovely

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Quilary, Back Shed and Pilgrim, I'm very pleased that you like my resting spots. It makes me especially happy to know that the hard work that goes into patchwork is appreciated!