Tuesday 1 May 2012

Making it BIG!



I am painting something BIG!  It has been a great experience to make work on a different scale to the usual; might be a new direction.  While overall it has taken longer, I forgot how much fun it is to show detail through big, sweeping, simple brushstrokes.
I met the very talented Kirsten Perry briefly last year.  She asked whether I had ever considered making larger work, and that question has stayed with me.  I doubt that Kirsten reads my blog, but I would like to thank her anyway.
A shift in scale is always an interesting concept to keep in mind no matter what sort of artwork you make.  And I will keep it in mind for a few more things now....

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Excellent!! Perfect choice to immortalise a Ramone, and I love that he's sharing wall-space with an estate agent.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you Saskia, I am very glad that you like them! I hope to share them when they are finished.

Kirsten Perry said...

My friend Milly sent me this link. Wow, looks great and am super happy to have inspired your bigness.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks so much Kirsten (and Milly). I am so glad that you dropped by to have a look -- that conversation I had with you pops up in my head often!

Fedulab said...

I love all your artworks! But the Ramone have touched my heart
;)