Saturday 7 November 2009

Franz the Little Wooden Man


Above: meet Franz, the Little Wooden Man. He is based on an early 19th century cloth doll which I found in a book a long time ago. I have always been charmed and intrigued by his strange proportions and I thought that I would have to use them as inpiration for something one day: whether it be a drawing, object or even an ongoing character. Franz is the first fruit of that exploration, and I don't think that he'll be the last. I have put him up for sale in my etsy shop and I feel a little sad as I am quite fond of him. But hopefully he will have all sorts of brothers one day who will visit me, if only briefly. And I kind of like the idea of him going to live somewhere exotic. In the meantime I badly need to improve my photography skills...

2 comments:

Fine Little Day said...

So many nice things here at you blog!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Why thank you so much Elisabeth! I am such a big fan of your aesthetic AND work ethic that I feel as though I have had a royal visit!!! :)