Monday 30 November 2009

Knitting Frenzy Part I











I have doing ALOT of knitting lately -- highly recommended in times of stress! This bag is the first result. The deer is a traditional Swedish motif that I found in a book, the little people holding hands are from my mum's old German sewing magazines. I had a short sleeved sweater with these motifs on them when I was a kid (in lemon and lime: it was the 70's) and I have loved them ever since. I've used lots of beautiful Australian and New Zealand wool and wool blend yarns which are soft but sturdy and highly recommended to work with. The bag is lined in beautiful vintage cotton which I found at The Chapel Street Bazaar. It's modelled here by my beautiful sister-in-law Esme in my father's garden (soon to be featured on Vasili's, by the way).
It is available in my etsy shop. The bag, that is.

No comments: