Saturday 30 January 2010

Four species of the modern Melbourne man


Four species of the modern Melbourne man:
Species 1: we don't have much surf in Port Philip Bay, but there are plenty who do the surfer look well enough, although they are somewhat paler than those up the coast. Species 2 is the one that used to populate my inner suburb when rents were cheap and all the pubs seemed to have band nights. Now it's Species 3 that has taken over: they preen at the annual Spring Racing Carnival and study the latest real estate and share prices. Species 4 is dear to my heart but is a rare sighting in my neighbourhood, whereas further north it can be spotted in plentiful numbers, usually being followed by a chicken.
In case anyone is wondering, this little picture was painted using acrylic and pencil. I am getting back into pencil -- it's nothing other than paint-mixing laziness, which I can even recall from childhood...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Superb!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw thanks Louise! I'm very pleased that you like them.

JenMeister said...

Awww, I love it! I came over from the feature on Thea&Sami :) Bring on more #4s & their chickens, I say ;)

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks for coming over, Jenmeister! I agree thoroughly, they might not have the pecs but they make up for it in sweetness. Though you can always swap them around a bit. ;)

JenMeister said...

Likewise!

Yes, you're right... that's why the three-block tower made from the images is so awesome :D Oh, the possibilities :D

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hee hee -- I wonder what your favourite combo might be....?!