Thursday 4 March 2010

Thinking about cushions

Do you ever look through your old magazines and wonder why you used to covet certain things in them? I do; but not in this case. Above and below The Paddington (Sydney) home of Ali Yeldham continues to intrigue me with all of its rich colours and textures. I love the intricate, exotic cushions next to the incredibly simple felt pictogram-like one. And I thought I'd include the photo below just because those beautiful plants and flowers look even more amazing placed behind that orange-red vessel. Vogue Living Australia, December/January 2003.

Below: another sort of striking cushion: a photographic printed one in the home of the super paper product designer Fifi Mandirac. It's such a cosy room too with that sweet little lamp, books and magazines within arm's reach and the tent-like effect of the white cloth draped above.
... Now, it's on to a few cushions of my own!

No comments: