Sunday 3 October 2010

Reindeer clock hand in progress

I have been working on a new clock hand today. Above: in progress. Below: the first version, which I ditched because I realised that wearing a watch over your glove is a dumb idea.
Or is it? We rarely need gloves in winter where I live; perhaps a reader from a colder climate will enlighten me and say that yes of course one has to wear a watch over one's glove.


Above: perhaps instead of thinking about the technicalities of winter gloves I should have been outside in the spring sunshine like everyone else in Melbourne today.
(By the way, I have ditched the polka dotted sleeve seen here because it was a little too cute: I kept thinking of a girl who has snuck outdoors on Christmas morning in her pyjamas. A brown checked coat may -- or may not -- strike a more appropriate balance.)

8 comments:

helicopter6 said...

If my gloves were long, then yeah, I'd wear my watch over the top! Not such a crazy idea.

JenMeister said...

Hahaha, cute! I agree that a coat would be more fitting :)

I wouldn't wear a watch over gloves because it'd be hard to take the gloves off when you get inside! Having said that, I haven't worn a watch in years, and it doesn't get so very cold here... only wear gloves when I'm cycling in winter :)

Kitty Kilian said...

Ha ha, of course not!
We just tuck everything in!

Kitty Kilian said...

Ha ha, of course not! We tuck everything in nice and warm!

jen storer said...

Ha! The road to beauty is such a process! YOu know i think people do wear watches over gloves. I remember Holly Hunter in that awful movie Home for the Holidays. The thing i recall is that she wore her watch over the sleeve of her sweater and it looked somehow groovy! All best, sandra! jx

Sandra Eterovic said...

hee hee!! I love all of your comments, thank you. They read a bit strangely today, in a good way, because I am sitting at my desk feeling a bit too warm in my long jeans!

Best to you all
:)

rigel said...

This is shaping up to be yet another super excellent clock hand. Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece! I agree muchly that a brown checked coat would be quite striking.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks Rigel! Lovely to hear from you. Brown checked coat it shall be!